- Ticket Reading Page
- Main Ticket Information
- Ticket Items
- Work Time on Ticket
- Information Base
- The Ticket Reading view shows a complete writeup of the ticket and can allow a top-down view of the conversation.
- The information shown at the top of the ticket is traced to the associations the ticket has to clients and computers.
- The contact information is the computer contact, if one is assigned, or the location contact, if not.
- If the ticket does not have a computer or location contact, the client's information is shown.
See Viewing Tickets.
Note: If you have the Control Center installed, click here to open the Tickets window.
- The Company, Location, Computer and Contact Links will open the corresponding LabTech window.
- The MAC address link will open http://www.coffer.com and search for the MAC address.
- Router address link with open http://cqcounter.com/ and perform a Whois on the IP address.
- Clicking on a users name or email address will open a new email message to that user.
Attachments will be shown as links in the body of the ticket after the response that contained the attachment. If the Attachment is a image file it will be emmbedded and shown without having to open it.
Priority - Sets the tickets priorty, levels higher than 14 are considered important and highlighted.
Due Date - Sets a Due date for this ticket, does not have time, use priority for critical issues. To clear the DueDate set it to a date before the start date of the ticket.
Email - The requestors email address, used to send replies and information about the ticket. Right Click to get a list of you Techs and Contacts email addresses.
CC - The CC addresses that will also be alerted to information about this ticket. Right Click to get a list of you Techs and Contacts email addresses.
Subject - The Subject of this ticket.
Projects - Associate this ticket with a project so all users can see it to add time.
Client - The client assigned to this ticket, this MUST be set before work can start.
Computer - The computer this ticket is associated with, this is optional for tickets that are not computer based.
Category - The category for this ticket, these are information base categories.
Request - The initial request for support, only the text with out headers or attachments.
Note: When any of these items are changed, the Save button enables itself and the ticket must be saved before changing tabs.
The Additional Information area is completely generated from the Extra Data Fields defined for tickets. They are arranged and grouped by the settings from the configurations of each field. To save new information or change the information in a field, press Enter or Return while in the field. If the field contains a large amount of text or an HTML\XML File, then double clicking on the field will cause the information to be displayed in Internet Explorer.
Note: Ticket levels can be changed administrativly by right clicking the Level label. This can be used to demote a ticket to a lower level, and requires the user to be a Supervisor.
- View all the items than make up this ticket.
- Each item is listed in the order it was received.
- Select an Item to load the text and attachment in the upper portion.
- Attachments items will show a paperclip in the list next to the item.
- When loaded the Attachment will show the filename above the text.
- Click it to open it or right click it to perform other functions.
- Owners of the ticket items and supervisors can edit ticket item information.
- Load the information by selecting it and once something has changed the save button will enable.
- This tab lists all time that has been spend on this ticket.
- All users that have entered time on this ticket will be shown.
- A graphic pie chart is displayed showing the breakdown of time categories for this ticket.
- Select the Time entries and the data will load for editing, only supervisors and owners can edit time.
Note: If the text is blue then the there were no spelling errors detected.
- The information base is a ticket repository to make finding solutions to common problems easier.
- To publish a ticket to the information base, select the Make this ticket available in the Information Base check box.
- The category will post this article in the information base category.
- The subcategory is only used to help in keyword searching.
Note: Click here for more detailed information on the Information Base.
F1 - Help - Opens the WIKI to the help page for the Windows that has focus.
F5 - Refresh - Reloads the current Tab.
F6 - Save - Saves information on this Page.
F7 - Spellcheck - Performs a Spellcheck on the text with the cursor.
F8 - Close - Close the Window
F9 - Tab Down - Moves one Tab Backwards.
F10 - Tab Up - Moves one Tab Forwards.
F11 - Find in Tree - Finds the item in the Navigation Tree.
F12 - Keyword Search - Performs a search using the highlighted words.